Pediatric ENT - Treating Children's Ear, Nose & Throat Problems
Ear, nose and throat care is an important part of a child’s healthcare. That’s because kids are especially prone to ear, nose and throat problems that can affect health and normal development. For example, recurrent ear infections and earaches, if left untreated, can sometimes lead to eardrum damage, hearing loss and delayed speech and language development.
Many children also have problems with their tonsils and adenoids. These problems, including enlarged or infected tonsils or adenoids, can make it difficult for them to breathe normally or sleep soundly without snoring. Snoring is, in fact, one of the primary symptoms of tonsil/adenoid and obstructed airway problems. Sleep apnea, or cessation of breathing during sleep, is another problem that can arise from tonsil/adenoid conditions. Removal of the tonsils and adenoids can correct the snoring and sleep apnea.
So it’s vital for children with ear, nose or throat problems to be seen and cared for by an ear-nose-throat specialist. At Dalton ENT in Dalton and Calhoun, Georgia, our well-trained, board-certified otolaryngologists provide comprehensive, up-to-date children’s ENT care and the personal attention, compassion and commitment they deserve. Whether you are a parent or a referring physician, you can count on us to bring fast relief for children’s ear, nose and throat problems.
Special Care for Special Patients - Your Children
Our specialists are sensitive to the needs of children and the concerns of parents and referring physicians. We combine specialty expertise with a gentle touch, providing kids with excellent care while helping ease their anxiety about doctors. We have vast experience working with special-needs children, as well. Should a child need surgery, we have the training, skill and know-how to handle the unique aspects of ear-nose-throat conditions and pediatric ENT surgery.
Common Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat Problems
- Chronic or recurrent ear infections or problems
- Loud snoring and obstructed breathing
- Sinusitis, adenoiditis or tonsillitis
- Congenital abnormalities of the ear
- Hearing loss
- Ear infections
- Sore throat or hoarseness
- Neck lumps/masses
- Nasal deformities or obstructions
Our Services Include
- Fully equipped hearing/audiology center – We evaluate potential hearing loss with thorough testing, then treat any hearing problem according to the patient’s individual needs. We perform newborn hearing screening and can follow up on any problems detected at birth or early childhood.
- Comprehensive allergy care – We can evaluate and manage your child’s allergies. We also help take the hassle out of regular injections with flexibility and open shot hours throughout the week. We also offer allergy drops for appropriate patients.
- Education – We provide vital information, tips and techniques to help you understand childhood ENT conditions and treatments.
- Accredited outpatient surgery center – Our fully accredited on site surgery center is well-equipped to deliver the surgical treatment needed for many childhood ENT conditions, particularly tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, ear surgery and sinus surgery, which are among the most common childhood procedures.
- From infants to teenagers, rest assured that children with ear, nose and throat problems are in good hands here at Dalton ENT.
- Avoidance of the specific allergens (e.g. pollen, mold or dust mites) the patient is allergic to.
- Medication tailored to the patient and specific allergen.
- Immunotherapy delivered either by allergy shots or drops taken under the tongue (sublingually). Immunotherapy works by desensitizing the patient to the specific allergen to which they are allergic, and is typically administered over three to five years.