DALTON EAR, NOSE AND THROAT FINANCIAL POLICY
Thank you for choosing our practice! We believe that establishing a written financial policy is mutually beneficial for all parties. It is our goal to avoid any mis-communication or concerns regarding financial matters in order to focus our energies on providing healthcare services to our patients. Our staff is available to assist you should you have any questions. Our financial policy is as follows:
All Payments are expected at the time of service. This includes, co-payments, co-Insurance and deductibles. (Co-payments, deductibles, and co-insurance are expected during the check in registration)
- Insurance Card - Please provide a copy of your insurance card prior to each visit.
- Insurance Claims -We will file insurance for you under most circumstances as long as you provide us with current information on your insurance plan. Each plan has different benefits for you as well as different financial obligations. Not all insurance policies cover all services. You are ultimately responsible for understanding the details of any particular coverage you may have as well as the payment of all charges you incur.
- Unpaid Insurance Claims -If your insurance company has not responded to us within 60 days of a filed insurance claim, the charges will be sent to you directly and you will be responsible for their payment as well as for payment of any other charges incurred consistent with this financial policy.
- Authorizations - If your insurance company requires referral authorization from your primary care provider, it is your responsibility to obtain this information and provide it to Dalton ENT before services are provided.
Minor Children Patients
- Responsible Party -It is recommended that a parent or legal guardian accompany patients who are minors and for new patients the legal guardian must be present. Surgeries and or procedures cannot be scheduled without t legal guardian present.
- Charges -Charges for services rendered to minor children are the responsibility of the parent who seeks treatment for the child and are due at the time of service.
- Minor Children of Divorced Parents -Payments, co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles are due at the time of service from the parent who seeks treatment for the child regardless of any court-ordered responsibility for medical costs.
- Financial Responsibility of Both Parents - The stated terms of this Financial Policy shall not modify the duty of both parents to provide for the welfare of their minor children. We expressly reserve the right to hold either or both parents responsible for any and all reasonable and necessary medical expenses.